Destinations: Panama City & Coiba Island, Panama
Duration: 8 days
Fly into Panama City, Panama where you will be met and taken directly to your waiting private transfer. You will spend your first night downtown at the TRYP Panama Centro, which is conveniently located in upscale El Cangrejo district and is walking distance to restaurants, bars, and casinos. Enjoy an air conditioned room, rooftop pool, gym, spa free wifi, and buffet breakfast as you and your group settle into Panama. You will need to be in Panama City on a Saturday night as the fishing portion of your trip starts Sunday morning.
Enjoy a buffet breakfast at the hotel, then our air conditioned van will pick you up and take you to the Albrook Airport for a quick 50-minute domestic flight over to David in western Panama. Upon arrival you’ll be met and taken in another air conditioned van over to the Pedregal Marina just 15 minutes away where you will lay eyes on the mothership for the first time. You’ll drop off your luggage in your room and then jump on your fishing boat and begin your run out of the extensive river and mangrove system until you reach the Pacific Ocean. You’ll spend all afternoon inshore fishing around Isla Paridas for snapper, jacks, mackerel, and roosterfish as the mothership also makes its way out of the river and meets you there for sunset. Despite the fact you are on a 70’ floating fishing lodge all week the mothership provides a surprising amount of comfort such as bathrooms with hot water showers, electrical outlets for charging phones and cameras, three delicious meals a day plus appetizers cooked by their chef who has been with them for over 20 years, and a full bar. The mothership is very exclusive as it offers just four rooms, each of them with air conditioning and two bunk beds to fit a maximum of four anglers per room.
Fishing day! Today is your first full day of fishing so after breakfast you’ll jump into your 27’ Ocean Master and make your run offshore to the Hannibal Bank and Montuosa Island in search of tuna. Each of the four rooms on the mothership is assigned its own boat and crew for the week so you’ll get to know your captain and he’ll learn what kind of fishing you want to do. The center consoles are the perfect boat for fishing in Panama because they are fully equipped with outriggers, live wells, tuna tubes, top of the line Shimano spinning and conventional tackle, and with twin Suzuki outboards they make running and gunning for feeding tuna and moving to different inshore spots quick and easy.
Fishing day! Head out for another full day of fishing for yellow-fin tuna at the Hannibal Bank. The center console designs allow multiple anglers to be fishing at the same time, so whether the tuna are hitting topwater lures, drifting live or dead bait to them, or even speed jigging everyone will be able to get in on the action.
Fishing day! Enjoy another full day of tuna fishing in Panama as you do battle with some of the most muscular fish in the ocean. Panama’s peak tuna season is from March through August, but if you want to target the biggest 200-300 lb cow tuna you should aim for April for May.
Fishing day! No one is saying you have to, but if it interests you the waters near Coiba Island offer some of the best inshore fishing in Panama. Inshore anglers can catch 30-40 different species of fish, with the trophies being huge cubera snapper and roosterfish. In case your body is tired from fighting tuna all week you most definitely have the option to target different species and fish lighter tackle around one of the thirty-eight islands that make up Panama’s most pristine marine national park. While you are fishing the mothership will make its way back to Isla Parida where you will meet it and spend your last night aboard ‘the barge.’
You’ll spend this morning doing one last day of inshore fishing around Isla Paridas as you target snappers, jacks, mackerels, barracuda, needlefish, groupers, and of course roosterfish. Around lunch time you’ll run back up the river and catch up to the mothership where you will enjoy one last tasty lunch on it’s open-air deck and then have time to shower and change. You’ll fly back to Panama City in the afternoon, where upon arrival we’ll meet you and take you back to your hotel for one final night in the nation’s capital.
We will pick you up at the hotel and provide a private ground transport back to the PTY International Airport for your flight back home.
- Spend your first night and last night in the capital of Panama City
- Spend five nights on a floating fishing lodge – our 70’ mothership
- Spend your week anchored 50 miles offshore in the Coiba Island Marine National Park
- The mothership features four air conditioned rooms, each with four beds
- Enjoy creature comforts like full bathrooms with hot water showers and laundry service
- All your meals and daily appetizers are included in your fishing package
- Full bar available at the open-air deck for an additional cost
- Fishing from the mothership means shorter run times and more time actively fishing than any other fishing lodge in Panama.
- Fish six days in Panama (two half days and four full days) on 27’ Ocean Masters
- Each room is assigned its own boat for the week so you can fish with the same captain
- Boats equipped with outriggers, livewells, tuna tubes, full electronics, all safety gear
- Fish Shimano spinning and conventional gear
- Your choice every single day to go offshore for yellow-fin tuna or inshore for up to 30-40 different species
- Fishing days include all bait, tackle, gas, lunch and drinks (beer/water soda)
- Typical fishing day lasts from 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM, but you can leave earlier or come back early if you wish to rest, swim, snorkel or relax on one of the beaches.
- It is possible to bring tuna home with you if you bring a cooler, it cannot be shipped.