Guatemala Fly Fishing
At a Glance
If you are a fly angler and a dreamer, you’ve probably had thoughts about what it would be like to catch a billfish on the fly. There may be no better place on Earth to make this dream become a reality than Guatemala as our boats average double digit sailfish bites per day throughout the entire year. This Guatemala Fly Fishing Package will provide you with three full days of fly fishing, all your meals, luxurious accommodations, all fly tackle and flies, and some of the best fishing captains and boats in the country.
Puerto San Jose – Guatemala
Your Guatemala Fly Fishing Package begins with you flying into the GUA Airport where you will pass Immigrations and Customs, walk out of the airport and will be met by our driver holding a sign with your name on it. You will be escorted to an air conditioned van from the Sailfish Oasis and will soon be on your way to their world class fishing lodge. This exclusive fishing lodge features just ten double rooms so the service, the fishing, and the food is always first class. Each bungalow comes with two queen beds, private bath, full AC, wifi, and local Guatemalan wooden furniture and artwork. Relax and settle into paradise with a drink at the bar and a delicious gourmet dinner, then head get some rest and get ready to fish!
Full day of fly fishing! After breakfast you’ll be taken in an air conditioned van to the Marina Pez Vela just minutes away from the lodge. The fleet of five boats at Sailfish Oasis is one of the most exclusive in Guatemala and has a well deserved reputation as being one of the best in the country. The flagship boat of the fleet the Allure II, is captained by the famous Chris “Kiwi” van Leeuwen, while the other boats range from a 31’ Gamefishermen to a 43’ Willis. Every boat has a local captain and mate who have been fishing these waters their entire lives, see thousands of billfish every year, and have tons of experience fly fishing for billfish. All 14-16 wt rods, reels, leaders, and flies are provided and part of your fishing package.
Full day of fly fishing! Head offshore for another day of fly fishing in Guatemala. While sailfish certainly grab the headlines due to their sheer numbers in Guatemala, there are plenty of blue, black, and striped marlin caught every year as well. Your crew will expertly pull teasers and hookless lures to tease the fish close to the boat, then it’s up to you to make a 15-20 ft cast, set the hook, and hang on for the fight of your life!
Full day of fly fishing! Enjoy one last day of fly fishing in Guatemala. In addition to the abundance of sailfish in these waters, what makes fly fishing in Guatemala so spectacular is that 80% of the year the seas are calm, flat, and crystal clear. After your last day of fishing come back to the lodge and enjoy a refreshing swim in the pool, a drink (or two) at the swim up bar, and one last delicious dinner before you head home.
Enjoy an air conditioned, 90-minute drive back to the GUA International Airport for your flight home.
Guatemala Fly Fishing Package Highlights:
- Private air conditioned transfer from GUA Airport to the Sailfish Oasis
- Sailfish Oasis offers 10 rooms each with AC, private baths, and two queen beds
- Fly fish three full days for Pacific sailfish, blue & black marlin, or even dorado and tuna
- All 14-16 wt rods, reels, leaders, and billfish flies will be provided for you
- Fish prolific waters that can feature 20-30 sailfish bites in a day
- Experienced crews will tease fish to within casting range for you
- You stay at Sailfish Oasis includes all meals and daily appetizers
- An open-air restaurant serves a gourmet food from an a la carte menu
- Swim up bar with full selection of beer spirits, and wine
- Enjoy a freshwater pool, gift shop, free wifi, and satellite TV at the lodge
Why Fish With CAF?
Media & Press
All fishing vacations booked with Central America Fishing include the following:
- Free Vacation Planning (no fees + direct rates)
- VIP Airport Meet & Greet upon arrival into SJO
- Private, air-conditioned transfers with English speaking driver.
- Luxury, private accommodations hand-picked and customized for your group. Choose between private condos & villas, luxury beach resorts, exclusive boutique hotels, and fishing lodges.
- Private fishing charters
- All eco / adventure tours you’d like to include
- All Costa Rican taxes
- Free quotes on travel insurance
- Pre-arrival assistance with dinner reservations, tee times, pre-stocking your condo or villa, hiring a private chef, and special requests.
- 24/7 support once you are here in country