Tranquilo Bay Eco Lodge
At a Glance
The stunning Bocas del Toro archipelago along Panama’s Caribbean Coast has been a destination for surfers, backpackers, and budget travelers seeking out-of-the-way beach retreats for years. When you think of Bocas del Toro you may not think of eco-luxury lodges with world class tarpon fishing, birding and wildlife, but that’s exactly what three friends from Texas created when they built Tranquilo Bay Eco Adventure Lodge in 2006. Featuring nine rooms and all inclusive accommodations, Tranquilo Bay should be the first choice for any visitor looking to fish, snorkel, and otherwise enjoy a Caribbean island vacation.
Located on the southeast corner of Isla Bastimientos, Tranquilo Bay enjoys an enviable position of being surrounded by the Bastimientos Marine National Park so there are no roads, cars, airstrips or neighbors out here – it’s just you and Mother Nature at her finest. Despite it’s off-the-grid location, Tranquilo Bay manages to offer lush, 4-star accommodations as each room features air conditioning, ceiling fans, orthopedic mattresses with luxury linens, private bathroom with hot water shower, coffee maker, hair dryer, and your own private deck complete with hammock. Featuring just six private bungalows and one 3-bedroom villa, the lodge maintains a 1:1 or 1:3 staff to guest ratio at all times so here you feel like a welcomed guest, not just another confirmation number. Your stay here is all inclusive so all meals, drinks and local Panamanian beer & rum is already included in your stay.
The Bocas del Toro archipelago offers an incredible array of fishing habitats for anglers to explore. The main target when fishing in Bocas del Toro is tarpon and snook, and with multiple river mouths, lagoons, and mangroves the bite is never far away. Fish with American owners & operators Jay & Jim on their 26’ SeaVee center consoles which come outfitted with 200 hp Yamaha engines, livewells, padded seating, bimini top for shade, and quality Shimano tackle. When the blue water is in close anglers can also head offshore, which is only a few miles from the lodge itself, and try to target wahoo, mahi, tuna, and the occasional billfish. When you aren’t fishing you can enjoy snorkeling vibrant coral reefs right in front of the lodge, kayaking through the mangroves, stand up paddle boards, and an incredible amount of wildlife. The Tranquilo Bay property spans 200 acres and is bordered by the national park, so with their two full time biologist guides that live on-site you’ll be sure to see birds, reptiles, and other wildlife like few other places on Earth can offer. Enjoy early morning bird watching, night hikes, or climb their 60 ft observation tower for one-of-a-kind panoramic views.
- Located in the Bocas del Toro archipelago on Isla Bastimiento
- Just a thirty minute boat ride from main Bocas Town on Isla Colon
- 200-acre property surrounded by Bastimientos Marine National Park
- Exclusive boutique eco-luxury lodge with just 9 rooms total
- Stay in 6 private suites or a 3-bedroom villa for groups & families
- Every room comes with air conditioning, private bathroom, hot water shower, coffee maker, hair dryer, and private deck with hammock
- All your meals and local drinks are included during your stay
- Owners live on-site to guarantee satisfaction & quality of your stay
- Free wifi in main lodge
- Fleet of two boats consists of two 26’ SeaVee center consoles with 200 HP Yahama, bimini top for shade, livewell, padded seating, and shimano tackle
- Fish for tarpon & snook in nearby river mouths
- Enjoy complimentary kayaks, SUPs, and snorkel gear down at the dock
- Two full time nature guides on-site, both with decades of experience
- Spot 228 species of birds, monkeys, sloths, snakes and more on-site
- Climb the 63’ observation tower for incredible panoramic views
- Snorkel coral reefs right from Tranquilo Bay’s dock