The Best of Costa Rica
Visit Costa Rica’s most popular attractions with this week long vacation package. You’ll experience volcanoes, hot springs, the rain forest, exotic wildlife, pristine beaches, and last but not least – incredible sport fishing! Spend your first three nights at the Arenal Volcano in northern Costa Rica where you will do some of the best eco and adventure tours the country has to offer. You’ll end your vacation on the Pacific Coast enjoying the beautiful beaches and wildlife of the Manuel Antonio National Park and sport fishing out of the new Marina Pez Vela in Quepos.
Destinations: Arenal Volcano & Manuel Antonio
Duration: 7-9 days
Fly into San Jose, Costa Rica where we will meet you and take you to your waiting private van. You’ll head straight up to the picturesque Arenal Volcano, which is the biggest and most popular volcano in Costa Rica. Treat yourself with a three night stay at the world renowned Arenal Nayara, recently rated the #1 hotel in Central & South America by Conde Naste and winner of Travel & Leisure’s ‘World’s Best’ award two years in a row . Enjoy a king size bed, indoor and outdoor shower, flat screen TV, wifi, and a private balcony complete with outdoor Jacuzzi for two.
Today you’ll experience two of the best natural attractions the Arenal area has to offer – the rainforest and thermal hot springs. Spend the first part of your tour taking in the incredible flora & fauna from suspension bridges atop Costa Rica’s rain forest then end your day with a buffet dinner and a long soak in the world famous Tabacon thermal hot springs. These natural rivers are heated by the volcano itself and provide an incredibly relaxing and beautiful spot to end your day.
La Fortuna has earned the nickname “Adventure Sports Capital of Central America”, and today you’ll see why. You’ll have an exhilarating day as you first do the famous canopy zip-line tour and then end your tour by rappelling down waterfalls. No one back home is going to believe you did this!
Today we will pick you up and take you down to the Central Pacific Coast of Costa Rica to end your vacation relaxing at the beach. You’ll travel to Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica’s most visited national park and one of the most popular beach towns in the country. You’ll be staying in the boutique beachfront resort named Arenas del Mar. Featuring just 38 rooms, two pools, spa and direct access to two beaches this is the perfect spot to end your vacation. Each room is lavishly appointed with king beds, AC, flat screen TVs and the suites all have outdoor Jacuzzis on the balcony.
Let’s go fishing! Head off-shore in your private sport fisher to chase down marlin, dorado, and Pacific Sailfish. In season it is a common occurrence to have double digit sailfish release numbers. Home to the new Marina Pez Vela and referred to as the ‘fishing capital of Costa Rica’, there are no shortage of quality boats & talented crews to put you on the bite.
This day is yours to relax and do as you wish! Enjoy the private beaches at your hotel or head down to the world renowned Manuel Antonio National Park to see white faced Capuchin monkeys, sloths, birds, snakes, iguanas and three of the most pristine beaches in the country.
Let’s go fishing! If you caught enough billfish your first day try to spend today targeting wahoo at our famous off-shore pinnacle or look for trash lines to find dorado. If you are lucky enough to come across a pod of spinner dolphins get ready for a yellow-fin tuna bite!
We will pick you up and take you to the Quepos Airstrip a short 25 minute flight back to San Jose and the SJO International Airport.
BEST OF COSTA RICA ITINERARY HIGHLIGHTS:
- VIP Meet & Greet Service inside the SJO Airport before you even reach Immigration.
- Private, air-conditioned transfers with English speaking driver.
- Spend 3 nights at the famous Arenal Volcano to start your trip
- Enjoy spectacular views of Costa Rica’s biggest and most iconic volcano right from your room
- Adventure tours available in Arenal include zip-lining, ATVs, white water rafting, canyoneering, mountain biking, kayaking and more.
- Eco/wildlife tours available in Arenal include hanging bridges, La Fortuna Waterfall, horseback riding, aerial tram, cooking classes, river safaris.
- Relax at the end of a long day with a dip in the all natural thermal hot springs
- You can choose to go fishing on Lake Arenal for rainbow bass and macacha
- End your vacation with four nights in Manuel Antonio along the Central Pacific Coast.
- Enjoy two full day private fishing charters out of the new Marina Pez Vela.
- Your choice of offshore fishing for marlin, sailfish, tuna, and dorado or inshore fishing for snapper, grouper, snook, corvina, jacks and roosterfish
- Bring your catch to a local restaurant or let us arrange a private chef to come to you and cook you dinner.
- Enjoy a free day to explore the Manuel Antonio National Park, set up an adventure tour, or simply relax on the beach
- All Costa Rican taxes
- Free quotes on travel insurance
- Pre-arrival assistance with dinner reservations, tee times, pre-stocking your condo or villa, hiring a private chef, and special requests.
- 24/7 support once you are here in country