FADs Marlin Fishing
Destinations: Los Sueños or Quepos, Costa Rica
Duration: Nights spent on the boat at the seamounts can be 2-3-4 nights with an equal number of fishing days.
Fly into San Jose, Costa Rica where you will be met and taken directly to your waiting private transfer. We have two departure points for these FADs marlin fishing trips, the Marina Pez Vela in Quepos and the Los Sueños Marina. Depending on which boat you choose we’ll arrange for accommodations in the Manuel Antonio area or at the Los Suenos Resort for this night as you’ll spend your first night on land before you depart the next day.
Relax, sleep in, and enjoy a leisurely morning as you don’t depart for the FADs until the afternoon. Take advantage of this time to make sure you have everything you need – sunglasses, sun lotion, dramamine, special snacks or drinks – you want to be sure you are able to enjoy every second of this epic marlin adventure. Your boat will leave the marina between 3-4 PM and motor all night out to the FADs, arriving just before sunset.
Central America Fishing has a host of 42’-60’ luxury yachts that fish the FADs, each of them with spacious air conditioned galleys, state rooms, full bathrooms with showers, kitchen to prepare hot meals, top of the line electronics, full US Coast Guard safety equipment, and of course the best tournament rigged tackle to do battle with marlin all day long. We’ll hand select your boat based on your group size and budget, all of them personally vetted and well trusted by us. Your FADs marlin fishing trip includes all meals, drinks, bait, tackle, and gas so your luxury sport fisher becomes a floating fishing lodge during your trip.
Marlin Fishing! Your captain will have arrived at his seamount of choice around sunrise, so you can wake up with some Costa Rican coffee and watch the sunrise over the FADs. Your crew will quickly begin working on loading up the tuna tubes with live bait – bonitos or small yellow-fin tuna – and then it’s game on. You’ll fish this day from 6:00 AM to 5:00 PM so have the cameras ready and your biceps in shape as this is the moment you’ve been waiting for. After a long day of marlin fishing enjoy cocktails as you watch the sunset over the horizon and then a hot dinner prepared by your crew.
Marlin Fishing! Enjoy another full day of marlin fishing at the FADs. The primary target are blue marlin, but it’s also certainly possible to catch striped marlin, black marlin, and even the occasional sailfish out here as well. While the tried and true method for billfishing in Costa Rica is trolling plastic teasers and ballyhoo, out at the FADs the ideal method is bridle rig live bonito or yellow-fin tuna with a circle hook and slow troll it back and forth over the FAD until the marlin can no longer resist.
Marlin Fishing! Today you’ll fish from sunrise until early afternoon, then you will run full speed back to your home marina arriving by sunset. While the goal is most certainly marlin, keep your eyes peeled for schools of spinner dolphin as they often swim with yellow-fin tuna underneath them. Once back at the marina we’ll arrange for one more night of accomodations on land so you can take a hot shower, eat a big dinner, and enjoy a good, hard sleep on terra firma.
We’ll bring you back to the SJO Airport in a private air-conditioned transfer for your flight home.
- Enjoy the best marlin fishing in the entire world with double digit bites being common
- You choose the length of your FADs marlin fishing adventure – 2-3-4 days
- FADs trips available from both Los Suenos Marina & Quepos’s Marina Pez Vela
- Fish on the very best boats in Costa Rica – 42’ to 60’ luxury tournament yachts
- Sport fishing yachts can accommodate 2-4 anglers
- Each of our yachts comes with air conditioning, state rooms, full bathrooms, full kitchens to cook hot meals, full US Coast Guard safety
- equipment, and tournament rigged tackle
- All your meals, snacks and alcoholic drinks are included on the boat
- Spend your first night and last night on land either at Los Suenos or in Quepos
- All Costa Rican taxes
- Free quotes on travel insurance
- Pre-arrival assistance with dinner reservations, tee times, pre-stocking your condo or villa, hiring a private chef, and special requests.
- 24/7 support once you are here in country