El Rio Negro Lodge
At a Glance
El Rio Negro Lodge is a family run business that dates back to 1995 making it one of the most established fishing lodges in Panama. Located on the west side of the Azuero Peninsula in the sleepy town of Playa Reina, the lodge features four spacious bedrooms and plenty of open air social areas for relaxing with drinks and hanging out with friends. Each of the four bedrooms features two queen beds or two double beds, air conditioning, and a private bathroom with hot water shower. The lodge also features flat screen TVs and free wifi to stay in touch with family or work while you are away. Due to its isolated location, El Rio Negro Lodge is all inclusive so all of your meals, daily hors d’oeuvres, and alcoholic drinks are included in your fishing package. With a maximum of eight guests allowed at the lodge this allows the owners, Alex & Lauren, to provide first class personalized service in a relaxed, laid back atmosphere.
Of course you are here to fish, and El Rio Negro Lodge does that better than most. Their fleet of four 32’-35’ custom made center consoles are the ideal boats to be able to handle the various fisheries available to them along the ‘tuna coast’. They all feature 150 gallon livewells, tuna tubes, top of line electronics, Penn & Shimano tackle, and local captains that have spent their entire lives on these waters. In addition to fishing inshore along the Azuero Peninsula’s rocky coastline, El Rio Negro is the only operation in the area that are able to fish offshore hot spots like Cebaco Island, Hannibal Bank, and Isla Coiba where you’ll find schools of big yellow-fin tuna, black and blue marlin, and Pacific sailfish. What makes fishing at El Rio Negro extra special is that they are located right in the Gulfo Montijo, which is Panama’s largest estuary and wetlands area so the light tackle fishing for snook, seabass, snapper and more is phenomenal.
- Located on west side of Azuero Peninsula in Playa Reina
- Family run, boutique lodge is very exclusive with just four rooms total
- Every room comes with air conditioning, two twin beds, and private bathroom
- All your meals and alcoholic drinks are included in your stay
- Free wifi in common areas
- Enjoy several open-air common areas to hang out and relax
- Fleet of four, custom made 32’-35’ center console boats
- All feature 150 gallon livewell, tuna tubes, and Penn & Shimano tackle
- Fish the ‘Tuna Coast’ of Panama where there is NO commercial fishing presence
- Fish offshore hotspots like Coiba Island and Cebaco Island
- Fish the largest estuary in Panama with light tackle gear
- Catch up to 30 different species of fish this week