Costa Rica and Panama Combo
You’ve heard a lot about the incredible sport fishing in Costa Rica and Panama, and we don’t want to make you choose. With this Costa Rica and Panama Combo package you will enjoy the best of both worlds as you fish for two full days in Costa Rica at the famous Los Sueños Resort before heading to Panama’s #1 rated fishing lodge for two more days of fishing at the famous Hannibal Bank. Enjoy epic offshore fishing for sailfish, blue and black marlin, dorado, and huge yellow-fin tuna and mix in a day or two inshore fishing where you can wrestle with gigantic roosterfish and cubera snapper.
Destinations: Los Sueños Resort, Costa Rica & Gulf of Chiriqui, Panama
Duration: 8-10 days
Fly into San Jose, Costa Rica where we will meet you and take you to your waiting private van. Our bilingual driver will take you just one hour to the spectacular Los Suenos Resort & Marina located along Costa Rica’s Central Pacific Coast. This gorgeous 1,100 acre property features a spa, twelve restaurants, beach club, 18-hole golf course, marina village and a 600 acre nature reserve. Your accommodations will be in a luxury 1, 2, or 3 bedroom condo which comes fully furnished with wifi, flat screen TVs, AC, full kitchen, and private balcony or terrace with either ocean or rainforest views.
Let’s go fishing! Experience the famous offshore fishing that has made the Los Suenos Resort one of the most sought after sport fishing destinations in the world. Within a 20-30 mile run you’ll be trolling ballyhoo and squid chains for marlin, sailfish, dorado, and yellow-fin tuna. The Los Suenos Resort hosts three international billfish tournaments each year and in season boats can see 15+ sailfish a day.
Let’s go fishing! Head back out to the deep water for one more day of sport fishing in Costa Rica. Fish with the same crew and boat and troll the trash lines to bring a dorado or wahoo back for dinner. Of course if billfish is your game then there is no better place in the world to catch one than the ‘billfish capital of the world.’
This morning we will pick you up and take you back to the SJO International Airport for your flight to Panama for the second half of your fishing vacation. After a one hour flight to Panama City and then a 50-minute domestic flight to David in western Panama you’ll board your fishing boat in the Pedregal Marina and make your way out to the open ocean. After an hour run through the mangroves and Gulf of Chiriqui you’ll reach your destination, the Sport Fish Panama Island Lodge. Located on Isla Parida 12 miles off the coast, our top ranked fishing lodge in Panama features an impressive amount of creature comforts in their 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom guest houses like air conditioning, fully stocked mini-fridges, gourmet food, and even wifi! Enjoy the luxury fishing lodge and island lifestyle as you leave the mainland, and all the people that come with it, behind and focus on marlin fishing.
Let’s go fishing! See how the sport fishing in Panama compares to Costa Rica as you head out to the world famous Hannibal Bank. This famed hot spot is home to huge black marlin, sailfish, and cow yellow-fin tuna. Unlike Costa Rica where trolling ballyhoo is the gold standard, in Panama you’ll slow troll live bait for marlin or can cast poppers and stick baits into boiling balls of yellow-fin tuna on spinning gear.
Let’s go fishing! You’ve caught all the billfish you can handle so now it is time to see what all this talk about the “Jurassic Park of Inshore Fishing” is about. Panama’s Gulf of Chiriqui is home to over 200 islands which provides perfect habitat for jacks, grouper, mackerel, cubera snapper and huge roosterfish. Troll with live bait, head up to the popping station on the bow to cast poppers and stick baits, or do some vertical jigging as you fight some of the biggest inshore species you are likely to ever encounter.
Enjoy a big breakfast before we bring you back to David and then fly you back to Panama City so you spend your last night in their capital city before heading home. Enjoy the modern capital city’s nightlife and international food scene and see why it’s nicknamed “Little Miami”. If you don’t need this final night in Panama City it is also possible to fly home the same day you leave the lodge.
We will provide a private transfer back to PTY Airport for your flight home.
- Stay in your own fully furnished luxury condo or private villa at the Los Suenos Resort
- All condos & villas feature free wifi, fully furnished kitchen, AC, flat screen TVs, washer/dryer, safes, and a private balcony with ocean or rainforest views (1BR, 2BR or 3BR condos)
- Special perk: CAF anglers enjoy free breakfast cooked in their condo each morning
- Enjoy 2-acre beach club, 18-hole golf course, 12 restaurants, spa, and marina village
- Fish 2-3 days with some of the best captains in Central America.
- Our fleet at Los Suenos features tournament quality boats from 27’ to 60’
- Los Suenos is just 5 minutes away from the popular town of Playa Jaco for nightlife, restaurants, and tours
- Spend four nights at Panama’s #1 rated fishing lodge on a private island 12 miles offshore in a marine national park
- Enjoy luxurious 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom private villas with air conditioning, hot water showers, fully stacked mini-fridge, and comfortable clean bedding.
- Fish 2-3days for marlin on your 33’ World Cat with two of the best captains in Panama
- Fish world famous marlin grounds Isla Montuosa, Isla Ladrones, and the Hannibal Bank
- Your stay on the island includes three gourmet meals and full open bar policy