Destinations: Los Suenos,Costa Rica & Gulf of Chiriqui, Panama
Duration: 8 days
Fly into San Jose, Costa Rica where we will meet you and take you to your waiting
private van. Our bilingual driver will take you down the Pacific Coast to the spectacular Los Suenos Resort & Marina. This gorgeous 1,100 acre property features a spa, twelve restaurants, 2-acre beach club, the 18-hole La Iguana golf course, marina village and a 600 acre nature reserve. Based on your group size we will set you up with a luxury 1, 2, or 3 bedroom condo which comes fully furnished with wifi, flat screen TVs, AC, full kitchen, and private balcony or terrace with either ocean or rainforest views. For large groups private villas are also available.
Let’s go fishing! Experience the world class sport fishing at Los Suenos Resort that has made it one of the most popular fishing destinations in the world. The run to the offshore fishing grounds are typically only 20-30 miles most days so you’ll have your spread set and lines in the water by 8:00 AM. Our fleet at the Los Suenos Marina ranges from 27’ custom sport fishers to 60’ luxury yachts, including our 40’ tournament boats that fish in the Los Suenos Triple Crown, so we’ll hand pick the perfect boat and captain based on your group size and experience.
Let’s go fishing! Head back out to the blue water for one more day of sport fishing in Costa Rica. Fish with the same boat & crew as you troll through some of the most productive marlin waters on Earth.
This morning we will pick you up and take you back to the SJO International Airport for your flight to Panama for the second half of your fishing vacation. After a one hour flight to Panama City and then a 50-minute domestic flight to David in western Panama you’ll board your fishing boat in the Pedregal Marina and make your way out to the open ocean. After an hour run through the mangroves and Gulf of Chiriqui you’ll reach your destination, the Sport Fish Panama Island Lodge. Panama’s most exclusive fishing lodge is located on Isla Parida 12 miles off the coast but features an impressive amount of creature comforts in their 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom guest houses like air conditioning, fully stocked mini-fridges, gourmet food by Chef Erick, and even wifi! Enjoy the luxury fishing lodge and island lifestyle as you leave the mainland, and all the people that come with it, behind and focus on marlin fishing.
Let’s go fishing! Time to see for yourself how the marlin fishing in Panama compares to Costa Rica as you fish hot spots like Isla Ladrones, Isla Montuosa, and of course the world famous Hannibal Bank. Your 33’ World Cat catamaran is the ideal boat for fishing in Panama as it gets you to the fishing grounds quickly and comfortably, rides the waves like a pro, and is outfitted with twin outboards, tuna tubes to keep live bonito fresh, a live well, and the best Accurate and Shimano tackle.
Let’s go fishing! Head back offshore for another day of marlin fishing in Panama. In addition to not having any neighbors, the benefit of staying at the island lodge is you are 12 miles closer to the fishing grounds than all the land-based operations. That means shorter run times and more time with lines in the water. While Panama doesn’t see a lot of striped marlin, most blues and blacks tend to be in the 350-600 lb range.
Last day of fishing! This is your last day of fishing in Panama so if you have had enough of fighting giant marlin you can take this day to explore the incredible inshore fishery that Panama offers. The Gulf of Chiriqui is home to over 200 islands which provide the perfect habitat for baitfish and the plentiful populations of jacks, snappers, groupers, cubera snapper, and roosterfish that patrol these waters.
You will wake up early, eat breakfast, and then be boated back to the mainland and the David Airport. You’ll take a short flight back to Panama City and then catch your international flight home.
- Stay in your own fully furnished luxury condo or private villa at the Los Suenos Resort
- All condos & villas feature free wifi, fully furnished kitchen, AC, flat screen TVs, washer/dryer, safes, and a private balcony with ocean or rainforest views
- Special perk: CAF anglers enjoy free breakfast cooked in their condo each morning
- Enjoy 2-acre beach club, 18-hole golf course, 12 restaurants, spa, and marina village
- Our fleet at Los Suenos features tournament quality boats from 27’ to 60’
- Los Suenos is just 5 minutes away from the popular town of Playa Jaco for nightlife, restaurants, and tours
- Spend four nights at Panama’s #1 rated fishing lodge on a private island 12 miles offshore in a marine national park
- Enjoy luxurious 2-bedroom and 3-bedroom private villas with air conditioning, hot water showers, fully stacked mini-fridge, and comfortable clean bedding.
- Fish three days for marlin on your 33’ World Cat with two of the best captains in Panama
- Fish world famous marlin grounds Isla Montuosa, Isla Ladrones, and the Hannibal Bank
- Your stay on the island includes three gourmet meals and full open bar policy