Bonefish to Billfish
Destinations: Ambergris Caye/Belize, Puerto San Jose/Guatemala
Duration: 9 days
Fly into the BZE Airport where you will pass Immigrations and Customs and then check into your domestic Tropic Air flight. After a quick 25-minute flight you’ll arrive at the main town of San Pedro on Ambergris Caye. A representative from the El Pescador Lodge will meet you there and take you to their waiting boat for a ten minute ride to the lodge. You’ll be greeted on the dock with a welcome drink and you’ll see why this has been the best fly fishing lodge in Belize for the past 40 years. El Pescador is one of the world’s foremost fly fishing lodge being an Orvis endorsed lodge, produced countless grand slams every year, and is home to the best fly fishing guides in the country. Enjoy all inclusive accommodations, complimentary use of kayaks & bicycles, and free casting instructions each evening.
Let’s go fish! After breakfast you’ll meet your guide and discuss what you’d like to fish for, take a look at your flies, and assess the conditions. El Pescador offers anglers a 400 sq mile fishery so opportunities for bonefish, permit, and tarpon are endless.
Enjoy another full day of fishing! Chances are you landed bonefish on your first day so today raise the stakes and target the ever-elusive permit or the mighty tarpon
Last day in Belize! Go fishing one last time to complete your “trip slam” of bonefish, permit, and tarpon in the same week. If you’ve already caught your fill and want to experience the other highlights of Belize’s Caribbean Coast you can spend the day snorkeling or diving at the Hol Chan Marine Park, which is just minutes from the dock at El Pescador.
Today you’ll wake up on the Caribbean Sea in Belize and fall asleep on the Pacific Ocean in Guatemala. You’ll take a quick flight from Ambergris Caye back to the BZE International Airport then fly to GUA International where you will be met by the Casa Vieja Lodge representative. They’ll bring you down the coast in an air conditioned van to their world famous lodge just 90 minutes away. Featuring just 19 air conditioned rooms, the Casa Vieja Lodge is one of the world’s most popular fishing lodges and is home to some of the best boats and captains in Central America. When you come to fish “the sailfish capital of the world” this is the place to be.
After breakfast you’ll be taken in an air conditioned van over to Marina Pez Vela for a full day of billfishing. Casa Vieja Lodge’s fleet of 10 boats is the gold standard in Guatemala as they raise and release an incredible amount of sailfish day after day, year after year. Based on your group size you can choose between 35’ center consoles or 40’ yachts with air conditioned salons. All conventional and fly gear is provided and the emphasis is letting anglers hook their fish.
Let’s go fishing! Head offshore for another day of non-stop sailfish action. The fleet at CVL averages 16 bites per day, per boat, year round. After a long day of fishing enjoy a refreshing swim in the pool with a tasty cocktail.
Last day of fishing! Enjoy another full day of sport fishing in Guatemala as you chase sailfish, marlin, dorado, and yellow-fin tuna. Guatemala is one of the few places where fly fishing anglers will have regular shots at billfish, so if you ever wanted to try to catch a billfish on the fly there is no better place than here!
Enjoy a scenic 90-minute drive back to the GUA International Airport for your flight home.
- All inclusive fishing package includes all meals, drinks, fishing, and transportation/flights
- Enjoy 3 full days of fly fishing the flats in Belize for bonefish, permit and tarpon
- Enjoy a 400 sq mile fishery from El Pescador’s dock
- El Pescador offers three pools, game room with pool table, TV lounge, bar, and fly shop
- Enjoy complimentary use kayaks, paddle boards, and bicycles at El Pescador
- El Pescador is an Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Lodge with 40 yrs of history
- Casa Vieja Lodge is located just 90 minutes from the GUA
- An open-air restaurant serves a gourmet four course dinner each night at Casa Vieja
- Fleet of 10 boats range from 35’ center consoles to 43’ yachts with A/C
- All boats include conventional and fly fishing tackle
- Incredible average of 16 billfish bites per day, per boat all year
- Pool, gym, and spa services available at Casa Vieja Lodge
- CVL are leaders in conservation & partners with our friends at The Billfish Foundation
- Free Yeti tumblers for each angler to help eliminate plastic in our oceans.