Guatemala Fishing Weekend
Destinations: Puerto San Jose – Guatemala
Duration: 4 days
Fly into the GUA Airport where you will pass Immigrations and Customs, walk out of the airport and will be met by our driver holding a sign with your name on it. You will be escorted to an air conditioned van from the Pacific Fins Resort and you’ll quickly be on your way to their world class fishing lodge. This exclusive, boutique lodge features just four 2-bedroom villas and two suites, so the service is always personalized and the food is always fresh and delicious. Each 2-bedroom villa comes with two queen beds and a private bath in each room, full AC, and a shared living room with flat screen TV and pre-stocked mini bar. Relax with a few drinks and fill up on good food, it’s time to get into vacation mode!
Full day of fishing! Wake up to the sounds of the Pacific just on the other side of the mangrove in front of the lodge, then after breakfast you’ll be taken in an air conditioned van to the Marina Pez Vela just minutes away. Pacific Fins Resort has one of the best fleets of sport fishing boats in Guatemala with well maintained vessels ranging from 32’ Blackfins to 40’ air conditioned Luhrs yachts. Every boat has a local captain and mate who have been fishing these waters all their lives and have literally seen thousands of billfish, so you’ll have plenty of chances to bend a rod today.
Full day of fishing! Head offshore for another day of sailfishing in Guatemala. All conventional tackle and fly gear is provided on these boats and the crews are well versed in letting the anglers hook their own fish, so whether you rack up huge numbers on conventional tackle or try your hand at fly fishing they are happy to set the spread and tease the fish accordingly. After a long day of fishing come back and enjoy the Pacific Fins Resort with their freshwater pool, daily appetizers, and a cold beer or cocktail as part of their full open bar package.
Full day of fishing! Enjoy one last day of sport fishing in Guatemala as you troll through some of the most prolific sailfish and marlin waters on this planet. Guatemala has been blessed by the convergence of two currents, an abundance of baitfish, and very little commercial pressure so you’ll see for yourself why it’s called the ‘sailfish capital of the world!’
Enjoy an air conditioned, 90-minute drive back to the GUA International Airport for your flight home.
- Private air conditioned transfer from GUA Airport to the Pacific Fins Resort
- Enjoy four nights at the famous Pacific Fins Resort on the Pacific Coast
- Four 2-bedroom villas and 2 suites each with AC, private baths, mini-fridges, TVs
- Fish three full days for Pacific sailfish, blue & black marlin, mahi, and yellow-fin tuna
- Pacific Fins all inclusive package includes all meals, daily appetizers, and full open bar
- An open-air restaurant serves a gourmet food from an a la carte menu
- Two bars feature flat screens with satellite and full US sports packages
- Pacific Fins’ fleet ranges from 32’ Blackfins to 40’ Lurhs with air conditioning
- All boats include Shimano conventional tackle
- All fly fishing rods, reels, leaders, and flies included
- Enjoy a freshwater pool, gift shop, free wifi, and satellite TV at the lodge
- Non-stop flights to Guatemala from cities like Los Angeles, Miami, Atlanta, Dallas, Ft. Lauderdale, Houston, Newark, and Mexico City.