Destinations: Los Suenos, Costa Rica & Iztapa, Guatemala
Duration: 9 days
Fly into the GUA International Airport (La Aurora) where you will be met by a representative from your fishing lodge, the famous Pacific Fins Resort. You’ll be whisked away in an air conditioned van and driven 90 minutes to the small port town of Iztapa, which is home base for some of the best billfishing in the entire world. Featuring just four 2-bedroom/2-bathroom villas and two private suites, Pacific Fins Resort is the top luxury boutique fishing lodge in Guatemala. Enjoy air conditioned rooms with private baths, a freshwater pool, full open bar with flat screen TVs, and a la carte dining in their open air restaurant.
Let’s go fishing! After breakfast you’ll be taken in an air conditioned van to the Marina Pez Vela for a full day of sport fishing. The fleet at Pacific Fins is tried, tested, and battle hardened as they see literally thousands of billfish every year. Their fleet ranges from spacious 32’ Blackfins to 40 Luhrs’ yachts with air conditioned cabins. All conventional and fly gear is provided and the crews make sure to let you hook your own fish with as much or as little guidance as you wish.
Enjoy another full day of fishing! Head back offshore and take aim at Pacific sailfish, blue marlin, black marlin, and the occasional striped marlin. After a full day of fishing enjoy a refreshing dip in their freshwater pool while you snack on tasty appetizers
Last day of fishing in Guatemala! With double digit fish a common occurrence, there may be no better place in the world to try and catch a sailfish on the fly than Guatemala. All boats come equipped with 14 wt and 16 wt rods, leaders, and billfish flies do if you ever wanted to try and land a billfish on a fly rod this is the spot to try it!
You’ll be taken back to the GUA Airport by Pacific Fins where you will then take a quick, non-stop flight down to San Jose, Costa Rica. Upon arrival you’ll be met by our representatives inside the airport and taken out to your waiting private driver. From here you’ll drive 75 minutes down Costa Rica’s Pacific Coast until you reach the amazing Los Suenos Resort. This 1,100 acre property features fully furnished private condos, lavish private villas, a 2-acre beach club, 18-hole golf course, six restaurants, and of course the famous 201-slip Los Suenos Marina which is home to some of the best charter captains and fishing boats in Central America. Based on your groups’ size we’ll hand pick the best 1, 2, or 3-bedroom private condo or private home for you to enjoy the best fishing in Costa Rica.
Let’s go fishing! Head out for a full day of offshore fishing in the “billfish capital of the world”. Our fleet ranges from 27’ custom sport fishers to 60’ Viking Yachts, and everything in between, so we’ll hand pick the best fishing boat for your group’s size and budget.
Let’s go fishing! Enjoy another day of offshore sport fishing in Costa Rica. In addition to the Pacific sailfish and marlin found in these waters, Costa Rica also enjoys healthy populations of yellow-fin tuna, dorado (mahi), and the occasional wahoo. Cook your catch back at your fully furnished kitchen or better yet, bring it to a local restaurant and let them cook it for you!
Last day of fishing! Enjoy another full day of sport fishing in Costa Rica. If you’ve had your fill of billfish by this point we have a select group of captains in the Los Suenos Marina that are very skilled at inshore fishing so if roosterfish or a big cubera is on your list let us know!
Enjoy an easy 75-minute drive back to the SJO International Airport for your flight home.
- Pacific Fins Resort is located just 90 minutes from the GUA
- Exclusive lodge with just four 2-bedroom villas and two suites
- Full all inclusive packages include all meals, snacks, and open bar at Pacific Fins
- An open-air restaurant serves delicious a la carte meals whenever you choose
- Top notch fleet consists of 32’ Blackfins to 40 Luhrs’ yachts with A/C
- All boats include conventional and fly fishing tackle
- Easy 1-hr non-stop flight from Guatemala to Costa Rica on Day 5
- Stay in your own fully furnished luxury condo or private villa
- All condos & villas feature free wifi, fully furnished kitchen, AC, flat screen TVs, and more
- Special perk for CAF anglers that enjoy breakfast cooked in their condo each morning
- Enjoy 2-acre beach club, 18-hole golf course, restaurants, spa, and marina on site
- Los Suenos Marina is home to some of the best captains & boats in Central America
- Los Suenos is just 5 minutes away from the popular town of Playa Jaco for nightlife, restaurants, and tours.