Destinations: Panama City & Pedasi, Panama
Duration: 7 days
Fly into Panama City, Panama where you will be met and taken directly to your waiting private transfer. You will spend your first night downtown at the TRYP Panama Centro, which is conveniently located in upscale El Cangrejo district so you are walking distance to restaurants, bars, and casinos. Enjoy an air conditioned room, rooftop pool, and buffet breakfast as you and your group get acclimatized to Panama
Sleep in and enjoy a big buffet breakfast, then our air conditioned van will pick you up at 10:00 AM and drive you out to the Azuero Peninsula in western Panama. Your destination is the Panafishing Adventure Lodge located in the small beach town of Pedasi. Known as the ‘tuna coast’, the Azuero Peninsula is an angler’s dream as it offers incredible inshore fishing, commercial fishing is prohibited in this part of Panama, and in season the yellow-fin tuna run just a few miles from the shore. The boutique lodge features just four rooms and can house up to twelve anglers at a time. The rooms are simple but comfortable, featuring three beds, a private bathroom, and air conditioning. The lodge also features a swimming pool, free wifi, and a bar so you can relax and share stories with fellow anglers at the end of the day. Your stay here includes all meals.
Fishing day! The Panafishing Lodge has a fleet for four boats, two 25’ Caribsea center consoles and two 26’ Twin Vee Catamarans, which are the perfect boats for the fishing done in this area. They will get you to the fishing spots quickly and comfortably, they are maneuverable to be able to get close to rocks & reefs where the fish hide, and most importantly their designs allow for multiple anglers to be popping and jigging at the same time. Many popping and jigging fanatics like to bring their own gear, but if you don’t want to you can rent high quality tackle from the lodge like Shimano Saragosa, Shimano Stella, and Penn Conflict reels all rigged with 50-80 lb braid so you stand a fighting chance against the monsters that cruise this coastline.
Fishing day! Head out for another full day of popping and jigging along the Azuero Peninsula. Here the trophies aren’t marlin or sailfish but rather 50+ pound cubera snapper and roosterfish. As soon as you hook into one you’ll see why we rig up with 50-80 lb braided line and use heavy leaders! After a long day of fishing head back to the relaxed atmosphere of the lodge and enjoy a swim in the pool and or a cold beer (or two or three).
Fishing day! Head back out for another full day of fishing along the Azuero Peninsula. Jigging is usually done in 120-450 ft of water, which means your jig will have the opportunity to catch various species of fish at the different levels of the water column. The inshore fishing in Panama can produce 30-40 different species of fish in a week, so if you love variety you’ll love this fishing lodge.
Fishing day! Enjoy one final day of popping and jigging in Panama before you head back home. In addition to the inshore species, during tuna season (May to October) it’s also possible to run a few miles offshore and see why they nickname this area the ‘Tuna Coast’ of Panama. If you do head offshore you may also have a chance at dorado (mahi) and wahoo, all of which will be brought back to the lodge for a fresh seafood dinner.
You will be transferred back to Panama City and the PTY Airport for your international flight home. If your flight leaves early in the morning it is also possible to spend one final night in Panama City and fly home the next morning.
- Spend your first night in downtown in the capital of Panama City
- Spend five nights at the Panafishing Adventure Lodge located in the Azuero Peninsula near the small town of Pedasi
- Lures-only lodge means the fishing will be 100% poppers & jigs – NO TROLLING
- Catch up to 30-40 different species of fish this week
- Exclusive boutique lodge with just 4 rooms total
- Every room comes with air conditioning, three beds, and private bathroom
- All your meals are included during your stay (alcoholic drinks are extra)
- Free wifi in common areas
- Large swimming pool
- Spacious dining & bar area great for hanging out
- Massage services available
- Fleet of four boats consists of two 25’ Caribe Pro center consoles with twin 70 HP engines and two 26’ Twin Vee catamarans with twin 150 HP engines
- Bring your own tackle or rent quality packages from the lodge
- Basic rental package includes Shimano Saragosa & Penn Conflict reels with Shimano & Daiwa rods
- Premium rental package includes Shimano Saragosa & Stella reels as well as custom Black Hole rods
- All reels spooled with 50#, 65#, or 80# Jerry Brown braided line